Every year the Civil Service Commission has been offering two sets of exam within a year to give chance to those who want to avail the eligibility. This is one of the important examinations to take if you want to land a job in the government.
The examinee/applicant can choose to take either the Sub-professional or professional exam.
Recently, the Civil Service Commission officially announces the schedule for the CSE Pen and Paper Test for CY 2018 as follows:
Date of Exam: March 18, 2018
Application Period: November 16, 2017 to January 31, 2018
Date of Exam: August 12, 2018
Application Period: April 10, 2018 to June 22, 2018
Submission and processing of application is on a first come, first served basis. Once the CSC Field/Regional Office has reached the required number of applicants, acceptance of applications shall be closed.
Civil Service Examiner Qualifications
To qualify for the examination, the applicants must meet be:
- A Filipino citizen, must be 18 years of age upon filing the application;
- Of good moral character and never been convicted of any immoral conduct, crime, addiction to drugs, drunkenness, examination irregularity, and dishonesty;
- Has not taken within the last three months the same level of CSE;
- Has not been dismissed from any government position or discharged from military service.
Civil Service Examiner Requirements
- Duly accomplished revised CS application form (the “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” should be accomplished at the CSC Office)
- Four pieces’ identical passport size photos, colored with white background and printed on good quality photo paper. Should be taken on a close-up shot ( the head and face must be occupying 80% of the picture) and the name tag is positioned 1 inch below the chin. Both the ears should be shown in the photo and no eyeglasses, or any accessories that may conceal the facial features. The full-face view must be facing the camera with both eyes open. The name tag should be handwritten in a readable manner indicating the Signature Over Printed Full Name.
- Original and photocopy of any identification cards including driver’s license, PRC license, Passport, SSS/GSIS/PhilHealth/UMID card, Voter’s ID, BIR ID, school ID, company ID, Postal ID, Police/NBI clearance.
- Birth certificate issued by the PSA
- Php500 examination fee
- For applicants with dual citizenship, original and photocopy of Certificate of Re-acquisition/Retention of Philippine Citizenship must be presented.
Individuals who have passed the Bar examination, PRC Board exams, honor graduate/Cum Laude are exempted to take the Civil Service examination.
Scope of examination
Professional level – The exam covers grammar and correct usage, vocabulary, reading comprehension, paragraph organization, logic and numerical reasoning, and analogy, both on Filipino and English. There’s a total of 170 items that must be completed within 3 hours and 10 minutes.
Sub-professional level – The coverage of exam is the same with the professional level, but the logic and analogy were replaced by clerical operations and spelling. The examinee must complete or finish the 165 items within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Both ways of examination include general information items that covers Philippine Constitution, Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees, and Environment Management and Protection.
The commission advised all the examinees to be at the designated examination center an hour prior to the test schedule and the passing rating is 80%. The results of the examination will be released within 41 days after the examination.