ASEAN Summit 2017 – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) made an advise to the public due to the roads that will be affected by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit in November. The MMDA noted that the following roads will be affected by the ASEAN Summit from November 08-15, 2017. Commuters must take that note from MMDA to avoid unnecessary circumstances.
Remember also the date from November 13-15 is declared as holiday in Manila, Bulacan and Pampanga.
- Clark Complex Along Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (Clark to NLEX)
- Along North Luzon Expressway (SCTEX to Balintawak)
- Along EDSA (Balintawak to Magallanes)
- Along Diokno Boulevard (Entertainment City to Buendia)
- Along Roxas Boulevard (Buendia to P. Burgos) CCP Complex
- Along Ayala (EDSA to Makati Avenue)
- Along Makati Avenue (Ayala to Pasay Road)
- Along Pasay Road (EDSA to Amorsolo)
- Along Lawton (5th Avenue to SLEX)
- Along 5th Avenue (Lawton to 30th Avenue)
- Along McKinley (EDSA to 5th Avenue)
This areas will also be locked down during the said dates:
- Nov. 8 (12:01 a.m. onwards) — Partial lockdown of CCP complex, Pasay City.
- Nov. 11 (10 p.m. onwards) — Complete lockdown of SM Mall of Asia Arena Annex (SM-MAAX) building, Pasay City.
- Nov. 12 (12:01 a.m. onwards) — Complete lockdown of CCP complex, Pasay City.
- Nov. 13 (12:01 a.m. onwards) — Total lockdown of Roxas Boulevard starting from Padre Burgos Avenue to Buendia Avenue, Manila.
- Nov. 13 (12:01 a.m. onwards) — Partial lifting of lockdown at SM-MAAX building, Pasay City.
- Nov. 13 (from noon onwards) — Lifting of lockdown on Roxas Boulevard (Padre Burgos Avenue to Buendia Avenue, Manila).
- Nov. 14 — Continuous lockdown of CCP complex, Pasay City.
- Nov. 15 (from noon onwards) — Partial lifting of lockdown for CCP complex, Pasay City.
The country is hosting the 31st Asean Summit and related meetings in November with 21 leaders from various nations expected to attend. Drivers should avoid passing through the designated lockdown routes in Metro Manila, found mostly in Pasay and in Manila.