Home news MIAA Announced Airport Terminal Fee Refund

MIAA Announced Airport Terminal Fee Refund


Good news to Overseas Filipino Workers as they can get the refund charged for the airport terminal fee. Jess Martinez, MIAA head of the media affairs said that OFWs and other passengers under special category can now avail the refund for the passenger service fees.


The PSC or the passenger service charge was integrated into the cost of the airline tickets for local flights on August 1, 2012. On February 1, 2015, the integration of the terminal fee for international flights followed.

On March 2017, the integration of terminal fees for OFWs, athletes and diplomats was lifted as announced by Ed Monreal, the general manager of MIAA during that time. Such action was part of the efforts of the MIAA to rationalize the airport charges.

In 2014, MIAA started collecting Php550 for the airport terminal fee. This is the reason why groups of OFWs reacted and opposed for the collection of the terminal fee. They cited the Migrant Workers’ Act of 1995 that an OFW who will present an OEC or the overseas employment certificate will be spared from paying the terminal fee.

This is good news particularly for OFWs who were passengers of Cebu Pacific from February 1, 2015 to April 30, 2018. Jess Martinez said that Cebu Pacific had remitted over Php245 million for the collected terminal fees of the unflown passengers and unused tickets during the abovementioned travel period.

However, Martinez said that it was the initiative of Cebu Pacific and they did not require airline companies to do it. Thus, Ed Monreal acknowledged the initiative of Cebu Pacific and said that it may serve as an eye opener for other airlines.

Nevertheless, Martinez made it clear that the said amount will be placed in a particular account so that passengers qualified for the refund can get the terminal fees any time. The passengers who will claim the refund must present a proof such as the unused Cebu Pacific tickets within the travel period mentioned.

Passengers can claim the refund at the MIAA Collection Division and bring a valid ID and the unused ticket with record locator.

Read Also: What You Need to Know About the Airline Baggage Rules


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.