Home dswd How to Get Travel Clearance for Minors from DSWD

How to Get Travel Clearance for Minors from DSWD


A directive was issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development to those Filipino who are not parents of the child they travel with. They should apply for travel clearance if they will travel outside the country.

The travel clearance for minors issued by the DSWD is a document that will protect the minors from possible crime such as child trafficking.How-to-Get-Travel-Clearance-for-Minors-from-DSWD

Who should apply for DSWD travel clearance?

A minor who is traveling alone should get DSWD travel clearance. Likewise, a minor traveling with other person other than her or his parents (aunt, uncle, grandparents, or cousin of the minor) should also get one.

On the other hand, if the minor is traveling with either of the parents or with legal guardian, there’s no need to get the travel clearance. But, make sure to secure all the necessary documents that will serve as proofs.

When to apply for the DSWD clearance?

If you are planning to travel with a minor that isn’t your child, make sure to secure all the necessary requirements for applying a DSWD travel clearance. You should apply at least a month prior to the scheduled travel dates. This will give you ample time to fix everything.

Clearance Requirements 

If the minor is traveling alone or traveling with a non-parent companion, the following documents should be prepared:

  • Duly completed application form
  • Photocopy of passport
  • Photocopy of birth certificate of the minor
  • Recent 2 colored photos of the minor, passport size
  • Written consent of both parent (including the travel dates, minor’s passport number, origin and destination, contact details of the parents or legal guardians, signature of the parents)

If the companion of the minor is not her or his parent, the letter of consent must include the name of the companion, relationship to the minor, and the passport number of the companion.

Once you have all the required documents, the next thing to do is visit the nearest DSWD Field office where the minor is residing.

Submit all the requirements and wait for the processing and release of the travel clearance.  The processing fee is Php300 (validity of 1 year) and Php600 (validity of 2 years).

Once the travel clearance is released, check for any discrepancy so that it would be corrected immediately.

Read Also:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.