Many foreign nationals love to travel in the Philippines not only because of the breathtaking sceneries, but also the rich culture of Filipinos. They can stay in the country as long as they want as long as their visa isn’t expiring. However, if they want to extend their vacation, they need to apply for visa extension in the immigration bureau.
Who should apply for visa extension?
Typically, the duration of a visa is within 59 days. Any foreign national who plans to exceed their vacation in the Philippines for more than 59 days should apply for visa extension. They can visit the main office of the Bureau of Immigration and bring the following documents:
- Application form TVS-CGAF-VE-2016
- Documentary requirements
If all the requirements are prepared, follow the steps below:
- Present the accomplished application form to the frontline officer along with the other documents required.
- If the applicant doesn’t have derogatory records, a BI Clearance Certificate will be issued.
- Proceed to the Verification and Certification Unit for Clearance.
- Pay the visa extension fee at the cashier one you receive the Order of Payment Slip.
- Attach the Official Receipt to the application form and submit it to the Assessment Officer.
- The Bureau will stamp the passport for extended stay in the Philippines.
Cost of visa extension
For foreign nationals who are non-visa required, the cost of visa extension are as follows:
- Below 14 years old – the total cost for visa extension for one month is Php3,150 that includes all the necessary fees involve. If the extension is two months, the total cost is Php3,650.
- 14 to 16 years old – For a month extension, a foreign national must pay Php4,150 and for two months’ extension may cost Php4,650.
- 16 years old and above – Foreign nationals 16 years old and above will pay for a one-month extension of Php4,400 and Php4,900 for two months’ extension.
For Korean nationals and those who require visa:
- Below 14 years old – The total cost for one-month extension if Php3,150 and Php4,450 for two months.
- 14 to 16 years old – For applicants 14 to 16 years old, they are required to pay the amount of Php4,150 if they want to extend their stay for a month. But, if they want to extend for a couple of months, the fee is Php4,450.
- Adults – Adults foreign nationals will pay Php4,400 for one month and Php5,700 for two months’ visa extension.
It is a must to apply for visa extension to ensure your eligibility and safety while staying in the Philippines. Although it may consume your effort and time, it’s all worth it.