The government of Taiwan is promoting its New Southbound Policy. This policy is giving privilege to the nationals from the member-countries of the Association of southeast Asian Nations as well as India.
It’s a good news for Filipinos who are planning to travel and visit Taiwan. All they have to do is to visit the official website of TECO or the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office based in the Philippines. Instead of securing a visa, an individual may secure for a travel authorization certificate. But, it is important to meet the following conditions:
- The passport of the applicant should have at least six months remaining validity upon arriving in Taiwan.
- The applicant must have never been employed in Taiwan for a blue-collar job.
- The individual must have a return or onward ticket either in plane or ferry.
- Must present other documents required such as e-Visas, permanent resident card, updated Taiwan visa or resident card.
In spite of the fact that Filipinos can visit or travel Taiwan without a visa, but they should secure a visa-free certificate or the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. The validity of this certificate is 90 days, but only 30 days is allowed for each stay. This means that you can use the ROC for multiple entries. Aside from being free of charge, you can get ROC within 10 minutes.
Here’s how visit Taiwan:
- Visit https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/nia_southeast/ where you can find the online application.
- Choose your preferred language so that you’ll understand the explanation of the whole process.
- Read and understand everything written and required in the application form. Make sure to have a supporting visa such as Korea, Japan, Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, or New Zealand visa.
- Provide correct and true information to ensure that your visa-free certificate will be approved.
- The last thing to do is to print the certificate as you will present it along with your resident card or supporting visa during the arrival and departure inspection in Taiwan.
This information will help interested individuals who want to travel Taiwan. The visa-free travel to Taiwan is applicable for both leisure and business trips.