Arthritis is one of the most common conditions that affect people who are approaching old age. And like what most people will suggest, when you feel that your body hurts, you need to stop working and moving a lot and just rest.
However, this is not applicable for arthritis because physical activities can actually be effective in easing the pain and reduce the swelling of the joints. But of course, it is also important that you know the right types of activities for you.
Here are some of the best exercises that are helpful in reducing arthritis pain.
1. Yoga. While anybody can benefit from yoga, it is an excellent workout for people with swollen joints. When you do yoga, you get a boost in your immune system and it will reduce joint inflammation as well.
2. Water activities. Swimming and other water activities are helpful when it comes to reducing arthritis pain. The water makes it easy for you to move in a slow and controlled manner.
3. Walking. Walking is another exercise highly recommended to those with arthritis. When you walk, you can keep your body active without having to put a strain to your joints. If you feel comfortable with your pace, you can try to walk a little bit faster.
4. Pilates. Pilates is a workout that has gained popularity over the years. It is a good workout for when you want to stabilize your joints. It is also effective in strengthening the muscles that support your joints.
5. Stretching. Stretching may sound like a simple workout but it offers heaps of benefits. You can even do it while sitting on a chair, although you have to be careful not to overdo it.
You should not allow arthritis to keep you from living your life to the fullest. When you follow these exercises, you will notice that you will actually feel better and stronger.